Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Alison's Cast



So, Alison is sporting her first cast, at only 18 months old! Monday night, Brad was taking her up to bed and he held her with both arms above her head (which he has done MANY times before), and she started favoring her other arm. I was out to dinner with friends and he finally got ahold of me, and took her to urgent care where I met them. They x-rayed her shoulder and said it was fine, so we came home and put her to bed. She was fine for a couple of hours, but as we were going to bed, she started crying. I went in to check on her and she was trying to roll over and I think it was just really painful, so I brought her into bed with us. She slept pretty well considering (but me not so much!), and then I called and made an appointment to take her to a pediatric orthopedist. They x-rayed her whole arm and determined that she has a dislocated elbow (which is extremely common for kids her age) and she needs cast for 2 weeks. She was a trouper through the whole process and she has a bright pink cast! She slept great last night, and it has not really slowed her down at all! The only thing she didn't like was the sponge bath. Brad, Lauren and I all signed her cast last night, so it's all decorated now!

I am so glad she's ok!

1 comment:

Kelly McMahon said...

poor allie. She looked so cute though and hopefully it doesnt bother her at all. She seemed to do great at recipe today.