Shoo, February may be a short month calendar wise, but it has seemed like a REALLY long month because we have all been sick for the better part of the month. I ended the month with two days in bed due to a fever from a horrible sinus infection. I am so lucky that Brad is such a great husband and dad and took care of the girls and the house for two days! And I am so glad I am almost back to normal!
The girls have been busy as usual and doing all sorts of fun things, so here's what they are up to this month!
Lauren's TOP TEN
1. "Angry Birds"....yes, Lauren, like the rest of America with an app device (except me!), loves to play Angry Birds, and she loves to watch Brad play as well. She's pretty impressive with the iTouch, though. The other day she found this game in the Disney app and she was showing Brad how to play it. Pretty crazy!
2. Calling Radio Disney...we listen to Radio Disney and they say the number so often on the air that Lauren has memorized the number. She has only dialed it once (that I know of), but I quickly disconnected her!
3. Babydolls...she is really starting to play with her babydolls a lot more now, and she is even starting to be able to dress them all by herself. Thank goodness because we have some really cute doll clothes, I always thought it was a shame that all the babies were always naked!
4. What we are watching on TV...every once in a while, Lauren will come out after we put her to bed and ask us what we are watching on TV. One night, we were watching "American Idol" and she wanted to watch it, so I told her if she went back in her room she could try it. She tried it, and she was not all that impressed.
5. Asking questions....still constantly asking questions, which is her job I guess! She asks some pretty amazing questions, though, so I know she is really thinking!
6. Wearing my clothes for dress up...her favorite clothes to wear when she plays dress up are clothes that used to be mine. The only problem is that some of them are REALLY revealing!
7. Building a house....apparently all the girls in her class have been working on building a house for a couple weeks. She started talking about it last week and she said she wanted to take her If You Take a Mouse to School book to school so they would know how to build it. Miss Ellen said she got out her book and turned it to the right page to help them build their house. I wonder what the boys are doing while the girls are using the building blocks!
8. Drawing family pictures...she loves to draw family pictures, and she knows how to write everyone's name. My favorite part is that she draws each of us with the correct eye color and hair color and she always draws Brad with "spiky" hair.
9. Painting...she is always asking to paint, which I let her to do every once in a while, because it makes a mess because her favorite way to paint is to mix all the paint together!
10. Spelling...she is always asking what words spell. We have this plaque that Anne gave me for my birthday called "How to Raise a Child", and she likes to read it, (although she calls it my "book").
Alison's TOP TEN
1. Brad's blackberry....as soon as Brad walks in the door some days, Alison is asking for Brad's blackberry.
2. "Mess"....one of her new favorite words is "mess." We got in the van one day and I said "mess," so now everytime we are in the car, she says "mess, mess, mess."
3. Putting her cup in her highchair...for some reason, whenever Alison is eating in her highchair, she likes to put her cup down in her chair next to her. And if she has a milk cup and a water cup, she will put both of them down there. I have no idea why!
4. Blowing bubbles in the tub...she started doing this at the beginning of the month. She saw Lauren doing it, so she just did her too. She's pretty good at it!
5. Brushing teeth...this girl LOVES to brush her teeth! Whenever I am getting her ready for bed, she says "teeth" and then she gets so excited when I put her down and she runs into the bathroom and climbs up on the stool. It's adorable!
6. Playing babydolls....she loves to play dolls with Lauren, but she likes to have them naked just like Lauren did!
7. SIlly Bandz...she will put on about 35 silly bandz at once, it's just the same way to does with regular bracelets.
8. Books.....she loves to read books and she will pick out her book before bed after she brushes her teeth and she definitely has favorites. She has recently discovered Spot.
9. Olivia...she is still obsessed with the Olivia TV show. Whenever the TV is turned on, she says "Olivia." And she loves to turn on the TV herself and then she goes and sits down in the chair and waits.
10. Feeding herself....she has just started to feed herself with a spoon. She does a good job sometimes, but she usually gets it all over herself, but it's cute to watch her!
11. Snuggling under blankets...she loves to sit on the couch and put a blanket on top of herself, which she sees Lauren do all the time. And speaking of blankets, whenever she picks up Lauren's blankie, she sniffs it (because that's what Lauren does), it's HYSTERICAL!



No comments:
Post a Comment