Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Visit From Mum Mum





Mum Mum came for a visit last weekend, and we had so much fun! Lauren and Mum Mum did all sorts of crafting and game playing and Alison and Mum Mum did all sorts of playing with babies. Mom and I took Lauren to the flower show on Friday, which was ok. She did pretty well considering. I think it was different than she thought it was going to be because she said "Mommy, I want to go to the flower show!" I think she thought it was going to be a show with a stage and stuff, she wasn't so excited about all the walking. Lauren got all sorts of compliments from random people because she insisted on wearing her "fancy dress," and she did look beautiful. It was pretty amazing to see all the flowers and all the beautiful things that people can do with flowers. They had a can-can show, which Lauren said was her favorite part, and she also told us that her favorite flower was the daffodil, which is a good choice. We went to dinner at a diner in the Reading Terminal Market, which was very cool. Lauren was so excited about all the sweets there, at first she thought she wanted chocolate covered pretzels and then she discovered the cupcakes!

Brad bought a new car this weekend! A Hyundai Sonata, and it's great! I went with him to the dealership on Saturday, and it ended up being a little longer than anticipated because they had to replace the bumper, but we got a free lunch and two oil changes because we had to wait so long, and it was just nice to spend most of the day together knowing the girls were in good hands! Saturday night, we went to a surprise birthday party for one of Brad's co-workers who is turning 50. We were telling Lauren about it, and she said "Wow, she must be really big!" It was pretty funny because I think we were all expecting her to say "old."

1 comment:

Kelly McMahon said...

finally reading your blog and catching up. Its been awhile since I've blogged, hence checking yours. Lauren is looking so grown up in all these pics. Tell brad congrats on the new car. can't wait to see it and alli is just a spitting image of your mom, so darn cute! looks like florida was a blast.