This week, Lauren is going to camp at the pre-school that she will be attending this fall. The theme this week is The Olympics. I just realized last week that she was going this week, so I didn't have much time to prepare her! But every day after I told her, she would ask how many days until she goes to camp, so she was definitely excited.
Yesterday morning after we got up and had breakfast, we went upstairs to get dressed. She picked out a cute outfit and then I went in my room to get dressed and she went into my bathroom and closed the door and said she was thinking about not pushing or hitting and sharing the toys at camp. (I guess she was listening when I told her the expectations of camp!)
We got there right around 9, and it was POURING!!!! (Literally the 5 minutes that it was raining yesterday morning were the 5 minutes that I had to get Lauren inside!) So, we walked in and she went into the classroom. She wasn't really sure what to do, but she hung up her backpack and then I said good-bye and she was fine! And then I cried the whole way home! My little girl is so grown up!!! (Today I was fine, I think it was just the initial shock of leaving her somewhere for the first time.)
I went to pick her up, and all the kids were sitting around the table eating their pretzel sticks, and she came over to me with a HUGE smile on her face! I guess they did the javelin and the discus throw yesterday and they measured how far they threw it and then recorded it on a big piece of paper on the wall, so she showed me her name and what she did. She said they colored, played Red Light/Green Light, had a snack, and she and Madison built a big block tower. I am so glad she is having such a great time!!!



1 comment:
Such a big girl now. I'm sure I will be a mess dropping Connor off this fall too. Glad Lauren is having fun and liking camp. See you tomorrow night at the pool.
Post a Comment