Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lauren's Top Ten for June

Lauren is quickly becoming quite the young lady, which I can't even believe! She is smart, funny, sweet, stubborn, and opinionated! She has her temper tantrum moments, but she is getting better. (she can't help that she is emotional like her Mommy!) It is so funny to listen to her talk because sometimes, I feel like I am listening to a tape recorder of myself because she says so many things that I say. Here's what she has been up to this month:

1. Playing on the computer...she loves to play games on PBS Kids and Nick Jr, and also look at pictures and videos. she also enjoys taking pictures of herself in the "photo booth." She is pretty computer savvy, which really is amazing and scary at the same time. We are going to have to put some parental controls on this computer soon.

2. Spelling...she knows how to spell Lauren, Alison, and Scheiner and she is always pointing out letters and asking what it spells! It's amazing to me that she is already learning that. The funniest thing is when she spells Scheiner, she does it really fast.

3. Ponytail "on my neck"...she loves to have a ponytail on her neck, and she also likes to wear headbands, which look really cute on her now that her hair is getting longer and almost all the same length.

4. Molly....her imaginary friend. We went to the grocery store a couple of weeks ago, and she met Molly, who came home with us. she will ask about where Molly is every once in a while and say she is coming with us wherever we go.

5. Unbuckling her car seat...she has discovered how to unbuckle her car seat all the way, which is good because it means she can get herself completely out of the car, but she freaked me out the other day when I went to pick up my CSA stuff. I opened the doors to the van so the girls could see me while I walked the 25 feet to go to the counter and when I came back to the car, Lauren was not in her seat...she was in the backseat buckling herself in. It was a really scary moment!

6. "Panty bag"....Now, whenever I take Lauren, I take the panty bag, not the diaper bag. Lauren made a funny!

7. Dialing the phone....now she not only likes to talk on the phone, but she will ask me "How do you call Mum Mum?" And I will tell her the numbers and then she will dial and call Mum Mum! Hopefully it will be awhile before she memorizes the numbers.

8. Reading...she still loves to read, which is so great!

9. The pool...we have been going to the pool a lot in the past couple of weeks, and she is getting to be quite the little swimmer! She was scared the first day we were there, but since then she will just put on her swimmies and swim away. She doesn't like for me to be too far away, but she is getting better every day. Hopefully by the end of the summer, she will be able to put her face in and jump in on her own.

10. Imagination...she has such an impressive imagination! Yesterday, when we were at the pool, she put all these fish in a watering can and then she asked me to take care of them, and she left me some food, water and toys for them to play with. It's so fun to listen to her playing by herself and what she tells her toys and what she makes them do.

No comments: