Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Vacation, Part Two

I still don't have a way to get photos, but I wanted to make sure to document our travels. The rest of our time in Kentucky was fun! We got back to Louisville and went to lunch with Mum Mum and then Anne took Lauren to the mall and to get ice cream at DQ.

Friday, we hung out at Mum Mum's house and then Lauren, Anne and I went to the nail place and Lauren got her first manicure and pedicure! She really liked it and she was great at the nail place. She also convinced Anne to buy the monkey game on her iPhone so she could play it while we waited. Friday night, all the adults went out to dinner at this great restaurant on Bardstown Road for Anne's birthday. It was yummy!! Mom's friend Sarah came over and stayed with the girls. I was nervous, but Lauren was so great! She said "Mommy, I will be fine and we will have fun." and then she gave me a kiss and said "Bye!" They watched a lot of movies I think! Sarah got more than she bargained for because Alison woke up about 9 (which she never does!), but she was fine! And I am sure that Lauren was able to keep her entertained. Lauren didn't go to bed until around 11, but she slept until 9:30 Saturday morning.

Saturday, we had a princess party for Anne at Anne's house. Lauren got to wear her beautiful pink dress, and so did Anne! We had a great time hanging out and watching basketball. We played a couple of games about Anne and had a yummy dinner of lasagna and strawberry cupcakes. It was so great to have all the family together, but we definitely missed Daddy and Reid and Janet. Lauren also had a great time playing the Wii Fit with Uncle David and Blair. We all got to bed early Saturday night after the late night the day before.

Sunday, Lauren was the last one up again for the second day in a row! We just hung out at Mum Mum's house and Lauren had fun playing cards with Mum Mum, Uncle David and Blair while I got all of our stuff all packed up and ready to go to Nashville. It takes forever to get everything all packed up!!! Mum Mum drove us to Cave City to meet Granddaddy half way. Alison does not like to ride in the car seat for extended periods of time, so it was a noisy rid both ways! When we got to Granddaddy's house, Lauren was bouncing off the walls and checking everything out. It's nice here that Alison has her own room, so just Lauren and I are having a sleepover.

Yesterday, the girls and I met Elizabeth and Allen at Moe's for lunch. It was so good to see them and the girls were both great the restaurant!

No comments: