I know I always say this, but I really can't believe Alison is already 7 months old...February flew by with all the snow, and now it's starting to look and feel like spring out there. We took a walk to the park this afternoon and I have never seen so many people there! It was so nice to be out in the fresh air.
Alison is doing great! She is still such a sweet, laid-back baby who is happy most of the time! She just started eating the Stage 2 baby food, and she is starting to like the vegetables better. She has moved to two naps at 9 AM and 1 PM and usually sleeps for about an hour in the morning and 2-3 hours in the afternoon.
She is getting really good at sitting up on her own, and she loves to sit and play with toys. Her favorite toy lately is this little plastic rattle. I think she likes it because it makes noise and the handle feels good on her gums. She chews on EVERYTHING and as soon as you put her in your lap at the table, she reaches for whatever she can grab! She loves to blow raspberries and sometimes will spit for about 2o seconds! She also loves to eat her toes and babble, babble, babble. She loves to splash in the bathtub. She definitely recognizes me, Brad and Lauren and she gets so excited when she sees any of us! Whenever Brad comes home from work and says hello to her, she gets a huge smile on her face and kicks her legs like crazy! It is so sweet!!! And of course she still gives Lauren the best laughs, which is so awesome. She loved playing with the helium balloon that I got for Valentine's Day.
She is starting to get restless in the carseat, and she doesn't really like to sit in there for extended periods of time except when we are in the car. I think I am going to have to break out the sling or Baby Bjorn and hope that she likes it!
She is truly such a joy to be around, and everyone always comments on how alert she is and how beautiful her blue eyes are. She resembles Lauren, but I definitely think she looks more like me than Lauren. And if you look at my baby pictures, she looks just like me!



No comments:
Post a Comment