Sunday, July 5, 2009

our fourth of july weekend


We had a great weekend! The weather here was perfect!! Friday, I had to go get some detailing done to the van, so I was gone most of the morning and Lauren and Daddy had a good time playing outside. We spent most of the afternoon after lauren's nap outside playing with the neighbors across the street, and they came and played on Lauren's swingset as well for a while, and then we spent the evening with them as well. Lauren LOVES playing with Emma and Sophie and I think they like playing with her too. It was so neat to see her right in the middle of it all with girls who are much older than her. She stayed up until around 10:30 and she was great!


Saturday morning, we had a lazy morning and then we headed to the pool after lunch. Lauren was pretty good, but she wasn't so sure of the water. She's kind of ambivalent about the pool; sometimes she loves it, other times she doesn't want to get in! But we had a good time, and the water felt great to me!! She came home and took a great nap and then we went across the street to hang out with the neighbors for the evening, and she had a great time again. She is obsessed with the Barbie car and she just started riding the scooter REALLY well. I am impressed with how well she can scoot along. They were having a great time pretending to drive to the movies and go see a movie and go shopping. It was very cute! She was not a fan of the fireworks at all! She heard them from several houses away and she kept saying "Mommy, no more fireworks."


We went over to another party around the corner where they were doing karoke, and Lauren LOVED it! She and Emma were singing and dancing and she was totally shaking her hips and really pretending to sing. It was so cute! you would have never guessed it was 10:30 at night, she was ready to go. I wish my camera had been with me because she was having the best time!! We didn't get home until a little after 11!!


So, I think I am more tired than Lauren today because she got a good nap today. So, I am off to bed so I can get ready for our guests that are coming on Wednesday! Lauren can't wait to see Aunt Sarah, her cousins and Nana & Papa!!

No comments: