Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!











We have had a busy weekend! Mum Mum arrived on Friday morning around 8:30 and we went straight to the Please Touch Musuem after we left the airport. Lauren had a GREAT time!! It is a great museum. I am glad we got there right when it opened because it was pretty crowded when we left, and it was a sunny day outside. Lauren's favorite parts were driving the bus, shopping in the grocery store, and the carousel. We definitely need to go back there...there is so much to do for kids her age! All weekend when we asked her what her favorite thing was, she said the carousel. (Sorry no pictures, I forgot my camera! But mom took some on her phone, so maybe sometime this week.) Then, we came home and all took naps. Lauren once again had a GREAT time on her swingset, and then she was checking out the baby bunnies in our backyard. They are pretty cute and so small! Lauren and Mum Mum hung out while Brad and I had a date night, which was perfect!


Saturday, Mum Mum and I went to an all day scrapbooking event, which was so fun. We both were pretty productive. I think Brad and Lauren had a good day...they did a lot of playing outside on the swingset and in the sandbox. When we got home, we headed over to a party in the neighborhood and Lauren had a great time playing with all the kids.

Today was another busy day! We got up this morning and went to church and then we came home and had lunch. Brad and I went to the grocery store and Lauren and Mum Mum had some quiet time and read some books. Then, Mum Mum planted some flowers for us and Lauren played in our cars while Brad vacuumed them out. She played more on the swing set and Brad made a YUMMY dinner of steak, grilled corn on the cob, grilled asparagus, and mashed potatoes! Lauren even enjoyed some of the corn. It was a wonderful day with my mom, my husband and my daughter! We are so glad that Mum Mum came to spend the weekend with us. And I am sure Lauren will be asking about Mum Mum in the morning when she gets up.

No comments: