Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Katie's Wedding

After we finished celebrating all the anniversaries and birthdays in the Scheiner Family, we moved on to the celebrations for the rest of the family!  And boy was it a busy month!

I flew out to Oregon by myself for my cousin Katie's wedding, and it was a great break and it is SO beautiful in Oregon.  I can totally see why Katie doesn't want to leave there.  The wedding was in McKenzie River, OR about an hour outside of Eugene, where Katie and Josh reside.  The whole family stayed in a little cottage that was perfect!  There were 4 bedrooms and a huge kitchen and a very cozy outdoor area complete with a firepit because it gets kinda chilly at night in Oregon.  Friday, Charlie, Christian and I arrived at the place around 3:45 and we started to get ready for the pre-wedding night BBQ.  Rebecca prepared almost all of the food, so it was of course all delicious!  It was nice to meet some of Katie's good friends from college and journalism school and of course visit with my family!  David arrived last, (even though he was the closest geographically), and he was met with happiness that he made it!  Katie, Rebecca and I got to share one of the rooms, so it was just like old times when we would vacation together in the summertime.

Saturday, pretty much everyone but me, Katie and Rebecca (the three princesses!) went for a hike to the blue pool.  They all said it was beautiful, but being 6 months pregnant, probably a good choice for me to sleep in!  We headed over to the wedding venue (Josh's parents' house right on the river) so we could help get things set up.  It was about a 2 minute drive!  The place is absolutely gorgeous!!  Then we all came back and got ready.  Katie was very calm the whole time.  She got her hair done, as well as Rebecca, and Anne helped Katie with her make-up.  Katie, Rebecca, Glen and I went over the wedding venue so Katie could get her dress on.  She looked absolutely stunning!  The wedding was so beautiful, right beside the river with an intimate crowd.  Josh & Katie were both so happy.  The funniest part of the ceremony was the ringbearer, Josh's nephew Ari.  He was walking down the hill with his sister and his mom and he was taking  HUGE handfuls of flower petals and dropping them on the ground, it was hiliarious!  And at one point, he took a tumble, but he just got right back up and continued his flower-petal dropping.

The reception was great, and the food was delicious! They had a bluegrass band provide the entertainment, which was so much fun.  There were lots of little kids at the reception, probably ranging in age from 3 to 10, and they were so adorable dancing on the dance floor.  Josh got on the dance floor at one point to do the worm with the kids and he split open his pants!  He quickly exited and went to put on some jeans, it was pretty funny.  Instead of cake at the reception, they had pies from this amazing pie shop in Portland!  They were 5 different kinds and they were all tasty.

We are so happy for Katie and Josh!!!

And I think Brad and the girls survived the weekend ok.  It was kinda tough because it was pretty rainy, so they didn't leave the house much and I think they were going stir-crazy by Sunday.  But I am so thankful I was able to make the trip.  I would not have wanted to miss Katie getting married.

No comments: