Wednesday, September 28, 2011

David and Blair's Wedding

So, today is exactly one month since David and Blair got married (so happy one month anniversary!).  It was so much fun, but it's really different being at a wedding with two kids!

Thursday night was the first celebration, Blair as well as a couple of bridesmaids went out for dinner, and it was great to see her finally and also to meet a couple of the other bridesmaids, Adele and Lauren, two of Blair's friends from Georgia.

Friday, Lauren and I went to the bridesmaid's luncheon, which was really nice!  Lauren was really great the luncheon and; they were nice enough to get Lauren her own turkey sandwich to eat.  Blair gave us each a beautiful pair of earrings and she gave Lauren a beautiful bracelet. It was great to meet all of the other bridesmaids, as well as Blair's mother.  (Brad was supposed to golf, but his flight got delayed on Thursday night so he didn't arrive until about 10 minutes before we had to leave for the rehearsal!)  And thanks to Nana and Papa for taking great care of Alison while we were out.

Family photo at the rehearsal dinner
The rehearsal was great, but Nashville traffic is brutal, so we got a little bit of a late start.  Lauren did a GREAT job practicing walking down the aisle!  She and TJ (the ringbearer) carried a sign that said "Here Comes the Bride," and they did perfect!  The rehearsal dinner was not too far away, and was yummy!  During all the toasts, Lauren decided that she wanted to sit with Blair, so she was looking out for her and as soon as she spotted her, she ran over to her and sat in her lap.  She was going back and forth between David and Blair's laps the whole time.  It was pretty cute!

Lauren getting her hair done

Lauren and Blair...about to get dressed!

Lauren and Uncle David

All dressed and ready!
Saturday morning, I was up early to head over to Houston Station to get ready.  Brad and Lauren came around 11 and Lauren got her hair done, which she did a great job of sitting still.  I got my hair done and then we all ate some lunch and got dressed and then my mom took Lauren to have some downtime while the did the wedding party photos.  We got the church and took some more photos and then it was time for the wedding!!!!  I  was emotional (of course!).  Blair looked absolutely stunning and David looked so handsome and happy!  Lauren and TJ were hysterical, they were both walking down the aisle, (slowly as instructed), with the same pained smile on their faces.  And then when they got to the end, they didn't really know what to do, so they just kind of walked to where they were supposed to sit.  Lauren did great throughout the ceremony (and after the rehearsal, we opted for Alison not to come to the wedding, so Nana & Papa brought her around 5.)  We all rode the bus back to Houston Station to begin the reception!
Brad & I getting presented at the reception

Lauren and TJ at the reception ( I love how she
has her arm through his, so cute!)

Lauren and Aunt Blair!

Alison in her favorite place, drinking lemonade

Dancing and eating M&M's

The Lewis family

The Scheiners

The Deans and Scheiners

The reception was so much fun!!!!  But I feel like I didn't really get the chance to talk to anyone because I was too busy making sure the girls were not getting lost or escaping...there were so many rooms at the place that I had to watch them at all times.  Alison just wanted to "sit on Elizabeth's lap" and she drank about 3 glasses of lemonade and I think all she ate for dinner was M&M's.  Lauren was breaking it down on the dance floor, she would just go out onto the dance floor and dance with whoever was at there at that time.  It was really funny, and everyone was impressed that she knew the words to so many of the songs the DJ was playing.  Alison danced some as well, but she mostly just wanted me to hold her.  They had a photo booth and Lauren was having a great time playing with all the props for the photo booth, I can't wait to see those photos!  They didn't have cake, but instead they had root beer floats and a Maggie Moo's ice cream bar (YUM!!).  It was a great time, and the girls lasted until the very end....I knew that Lauren was, but I was completely shocked that Alison stayed up until 11 PM!!  I am glad they were able to send them off, shaking Georgia and Princeton pom-poms!

No comments: