| They love each other SO much! |
LAUREN
Lauren is such a big girl, I know that I always say that, but the closer she gets to 5, I just feel like she is getting so mature and so independent. She really enjoys playing with her sister, but she also can entertain herself very well. Here is what she has been up to this month
1. How many days until the wedding...she was so excited about Uncle David and Blair's wedding that she asked almost every single day how many days until the wedding. And she still asks even though the wedding is over!
2. Sully at the pool....we spent not many days at the pool in August, but whenever we went to the pool and Sully was there, she was so excited. Sully is the younger brother of her friend Tyson. He turned 3 in July, and the relationship is perfect because he did everything she said and loved the attention from an older girl, and Lauren loved having someone to boss around! It was too funny to watch them!
3. VBS Music....after VBS the end of July, Lauren has had a great time listening to the CDs from last year and this year as well. And she definitely has favorites (especially the ones that say to shout as loud as you can shout!), and I love to hear her singing the songs. I also got a copy of the CD from two years ago when Lauren was not quite old enough and I was pregnant with Alison and it happens to be in the car, so whenever she wants to listen to it, she says "Can we listen to the VBS CD from 2009 when I wasn't big enough and Ali was in your tummy?"
4. Dancing..she loves to dance anywhere and everywhere. She is most definitely going to be excited about taking hip-hop when she is old enough.
5. Missing her friends....she was definitely missing her friends towards the end of August, especially after she got the letter from school saying which teacher she got. We are looking forward to making new friends but also keeping up with some of her old friends as well.
6. The year...she is always looking at the year that things are made. Like she will see the copyright on a movie and say "That was made in the year 2009, when Alison was born!"
7. Bubble bath...a couple weeks ago, she found this bottle of bubble bath in the bathroom and so she asked for a bubble bath and so the girls have been taking a bubble bath for the past couple of weeks. They both love it! It's so cute to see them having so much fun with the bubbles.
8. Swimming...Lauren is officially a swimmer! She had 7 lessons in late July and August, and she learned how to swim without her floaties. We are so proud of her. I still don't trust her enough to let her go by herself, but hopefully next summer! It was amazing the progress she made in a few short lessons.
9. Crafts in the basement....I put a lot of supplies of stuff in a drawer down in the basement, and Lauren loves to go down in the basement and craft by herself. She is getting much better at writing her letters and numbers and she knows how to spell several words. Whenever she makes a family picture, she always writes "Mommy, Daddy, Lauren, Alison, Baby."
| Lauren loves to pretend to be a thumb sucker like Ali. |
| Silly Lauren |
ALISON
Little Miss Alison is still sweet, but her independent side is starting to come out! We had her 2 year check-up, and she is 27 pounds, 34 inches and was terrified at the doctor! As soon as we sat down in the waiting room, she said "No doctor." And when the nurse tried to weigh her and measure her, she SCREAMED!! Lauren never did that, so that was a new, totally normal experience, but I am glad she only has to go once a year! She was fine once the doctor came in, but she was not excited about the nurse.
1. "Be naked"....this girl loves to be naked! It's so funny because I will dressing her some mornings, and she says "I want to be naked."
2. "What does that say?"....she is always wanting to know what things say since Lauren is always asking the same question. And usually after I tell her, she just says "Oh."
3. Puzzles...she has started to really like to do the chunky wooden puzzles and she is pretty good at getting the shapes in the right spots.
4. Her belly button....Now when she is unsure of a situation, she will suck her left thumb and then play with her belly button with her right hand. It's pretty funny, and not as cute when she has a dress on!
5. Cinnamon...when I was in Oregon, Brad gave her cinnamon toast for breakfast, so now cinnamon toast is her breakfast of choice. She wakes up in the morning saying "Juicy and innamon toast!"
6. Olivia characters...she knows all of the characters from the TV show Olivia. It's so cute to hear her talking about all the family..Olivia, Ian, William, Olivia's mommy, Olivia's Daddy, Francine, Perry (the dog), and Edwin (the cat). For a few days, she found this sticker of Edwin, and she wanted it at all times, even though it had no head, was tiny and had almost no sticky left. She wasn't too upset when we "lost" it, thank goodness!
7. "Hold it 2 minutes."....whenever she has something she shouldn't have and I ask for her to give it to me, she says "I hold it 2 minutes." And she is usually pretty good about giving it back after you set the timer for 2 minutes. (This trick definitely works when she finds Lauren's Victoria!)
8. "Be shy"...with all the people we saw when we were down south for David's wedding, she would talk about "I be shy with Aunt Anne" or "I be shy with Christian." Pretty funny! And she would be shy at first, but she always came around.
9. Dogs...she loves dogs! Whenever she sees a dog anywhere, she always wants to pet it and see it.
10. "Go see Kitty cat"....we checked on one of our neighbor's cats over the weekend, and she LOVED the cat! She was so cute talking about going to see the kitty cat and hold the kittycat and she was chasing the cat and running all over the house, laughing. Now pretty much every day, she says "Go see Kitty cat?"
11. Lauren's room....Alison loves to sit in Lauren's room and read books and play with her make-up and stuff. I hope she loves it as much when it's her room too in a few months!
12. Flip-Flops...she loves to wear her flip-flops! And I am super impressed at how well she keeps them on, for a 2 year old.
| Alison and her animals...she is destined to be a vet I think! |
| Her nervous habit |
| Bubble bath |
| Dancing Queen |
13. Wearing Lauren's clothes...she loves to put on Lauren's clothes, and sometimes she can even get shorts on all by herself, although she usually puts both legs in the same leg.
| Wearing Lauren's clothes |



No comments:
Post a Comment