Friday, April 16, 2010

Spring is Here!!

We are so excited that spring is here! We have been spending a lot of time in the past few days outside, and it's been so great. I even let Lauren get out the Barbie Jeep yesterday. She did a pretty good job of steering, but I definitely have to watch her closely. And Alison will not be a passenger any time soon....

It is so amazing to me to see Lauren learning so much all the time. She is starting to ask about math stuff...she will hold up fingers on both hands and then ask how much that is, and then she will count her fingers to figure it out. Last night, Brad was helping her to spell her name, (hopefully soon she will be interested in writing her name!) Tonight, she was asking me who Daddy's wife was and who her wife was. It's so funny to try and explain different relationships to kids. I think she gets it sometimes, but it's interesting explaining that Bob is Katie and Rebecca's dad and Grandmother is Granddaddy's Mommy! Yesterday when we got home from MOPS, there is a woman in our neighborhood who mows lawns, and she was across the street using a blower to get rid of the grass and Lauren said "There's a girl with a weed wacker! Girls don't have weed wack
ers!" And I had to tell her t
hat some girls do, not her mommy, but some girls do. And she still loves to change her clothes all the time. And she almost always puts on a new pair of shoes when she changes her clothes. Yesterday she went upstairs to change clothes and this is what she had on when she came down, including the headband!

And little Alison is SOOOO close to crawling. She is definitely really good about scooting herself if she sees something that she wants. She loves to sit and play with toys and then she will see something that she wants and reach for it (she is a REALLY far reach) and then she will end up on her stomach. She can turn around in a complete circle and this week, she will get up on all fours and r
ock back and forth. I don't know that I am ready for her to crawl. It means she is getting so big and it also means that I really have to watch her carefully since she puts EVERYTHING in her mouth. I am starting to wean her in preparation for our trip to Cali in about 4 weeks...she is doing pretty well. She definitely does not like formula, and it usually takes a while for her to drink a bottle, but hopefully she will get it!

No comments: