So, I know it has been a long time since I posted! It's been a crazy 10 days around here....
Where to begin. Well, two Saturdays ago, I heard this really loud sound coming from the basement around 4 AM when I was feeding Alison, so I went down to check it out and it was the furnace. When we woke up Saturday morning, it was obvious the heat had not been on for a few hours. So, we called my dad and did some investigation and it was the inductor fan...whatever that is!!...we called the guy who replaced our A/C this summer and he agreed and tried to find the part unsuccessfully. So we headed out to Target and bought two space heaters. Between the space heaters and the gas fireplace, we were able to keep our house warm until TUESDAY when the heat was fixed because the part had to be ordered and over-nighted from Florida of all places! And Lauren slept in our bed for three nights, too, which meant Brad was on the couch because Lauren is such a restless sleeper. And it didn't help that she was also sick with a fever that whole time!
We went to the doctor last Wednesday and Lauren had an ear infection. I knew something was wrong because for about three days straight, all she did was lay around on the couch! As soon as she got some amoxyicillin, she was back to her usual busy self! Alison has just been congested and one day of fever, but I think she is working on teeth on top of being sick with a cold.
The girls got back to feeling better and now Brad is super congested and not feeling well! And we are completely snowed in!! We got about 24 inches of snow on Saturday and about 12 more between last night all day today. When is spring again? It has been the snowiest winter ever in Philadelphia. I just hope we don't get another flake of snow this winter!
Mum Mum was here this past weekend, which I will do in a separate post!



No comments:
Post a Comment