Saturday, February 20, 2010

Lauren's Top Ten for February




Ok, I know we are closer to March than February, but I have to get these onto the blog for posterity since I have no energy to scrapbook these days!

Some days, Lauren seems like 3 going on 15!! But
she is so much fun, and so funny! We are always cracking up at dinner with the thing she says and does. She is quite a character!

1. Playing school...she likes to pretend that I am the grandma and she is going to school. (I think this is because on Sid the Science Kid the grandma always picks him up from school....). She is always saying "Mommy, when I'm 5 I get to go to kindergarten." But now she knows that this year she is going to pre-school.

2. Pillow Fights....A lot of times when it's time to go to bed, she will talk about having a pillow fight. I think one of her books talks about a pillow fight, but I am not completely sure that she knows what it means.

3. My shoes...she is obsessed with going into our closet and trying on severa
l pairs of my shoes. And sometimes she brings them downstairs and wears them around. But there is usually a huge mess of shoes all over our bedrooom.

4. Wii Fit...Brad and I have been trying to get back into exercising using the Wii Fit and Lauren is always asking to exercise and do the
Wii Fit. It's cute to see her get on and try to play the games. And with the Wii Fit Plus, Alison is also on there and Lauren gets excited to see Alison everytime the menu comes on.

5. Asking questions...she is trying to figure things out for sure, and it's so great to hear her asking questions about things. The other day she asked me if Eloise (from the books) has a daddy. I told her that she did, but he must work a lot (he's never mentioned in the books.)

6. Answering the phone...everytime the phone rings, Lauren wants to answer the phone and she is quite the
conversationalist if she knows who it is. She just picks up the phone and says "HElllo!!!"

7. Sending text messages...she usually wants to send a text message to Sophie and Emma, but the other day I let her send a message to Brad, she just typed in all sorts of gibberish.

8. Radio Disney....since I couldn't handle listening to Hannah Montana all the time in the car, the new compromise is Radio Disney, which is not so bad. They do play Hannah Montana, but they also pl
ay some good songs that I like.

9. Pink cowboy boots....her
accessory of the moment is these pink cowboy boots that s
he got for Christmas 2 years ago. They look really cute on her! She did not wear these all day on Valentine's Day. To church, she wore her black "tap shoes," and then later she had on flip flops (with her tights), then a pair of my shoes and then she took off her tights and put these boots on.








10. Braid...I braided her hair one day, and so for a while she always wanted to have a braid in her
hair. It looks really cute, and I am so glad she is finally letting me put things in her hair!

No comments: