See photos here (And I didn't take many, but I will add some more when I get photos from other people like Bob, Mom and Anne!!)
We just got back from our vacation part one. We headed to the Poconos with the Lewis side of the family for the week. It was perfect timing with the new van because we had such a nice ride up there in our new wheels!! We arrived on Friday afternoon, as did the Lewises. We had a dinner of pizza and then we hung out and got organized. We tried putting Lauren to bed in her own bed, but as soon as she was almost asleep, the smoke detector went off!! lauren was not a fan of that at all, since it was REALLY loud and accompanied by a strobe light. Not so good. So, she ended up in our bed (as well as the rest of the vacation...) Uncle David arrived around 2 AM, so we didn't see him until Saturday!
Saturday, Mum Mum, Katie, Rebecca and I headed to the farmers market in Stroudsburg. It was pretty cool!! And then it rained the rest of the day. Brad and I went to see "Hangover" which was hysterical! And when we got back, Lauren had her hair in a ponytail and she was helping Katie make dessert. We had yummy lasagna for dinner, as well as strawberry shortcake for dessert. The Mauzys arrived around 10:30, after a missed connection in Charlotte.
Sunday, Brad's baseball game was cancelled and we were so happy to be able to spend all of Father's Day with Daddy!!! We went to the indoor pool because it wasn't that warm out, and I thought Lauren wasn't going to get in the water, but she did! And she had a great time splashing around. Bob took a bike ride with each of his girls, and then Bob, David and Christian played some golf while Brad, Anne, Katie and Rebecca played tennis. Lauren and I napped and Mum Mum made cupcakes. Then, Lauren got to help decorate when she got up. We had to say good-bye to Daddy and then we attempted to play mini golf, but we missed the last tee time and then we tried to get ice cream, but the place was closed due to an emergency, but I think the lady took pity on cute Lauren and she started the machine so she could have a free ice cream cone! How nice!!
Monday, we went to Dingman Falls, which was pretty neat!! Katie was Lauren's best friend on this trip, so she carried her the walk back from the falls. The Lewises had to head back to DC after lunch, so we had a quick lunch with them and then they were off. Mom, Anne, Christian, David, Lauren and I went back to play mini-golf and we were successful this time! Lauren was interested for about 2 holes and then she and Mum Mum went to swing. It was pretty cute to see her trying to hit the ball! We got back to the condo and had dinner and then we played a game and Lauren thought it was so funny when we were laughing at the game.
Tuesday, we went to this really neat pool that had a slide and was perfect for Lauren! She had the best time pouring and splashing around in the water. We headed back and had some lunch, and then we went to this great outlet mall! I didn't do much shopping (which is probably a good thing!), and Lauren got some ice cream and she got to ride about 6 of those little rides that you put quarters in. She was most excited about the Elmo one of course! Uncle David had to head back to Chicago on Tuesday afternoon. After shopping, we headed back to the pool for a little bit and it was even warmer in the afternoon! It was perfect!
Wednesday, we headed to the pool again in the morning. And then I headed back home so Brad and I could go to the Fray concert. Lauren had a great time with Mum Mum, Anne and Christian! They went to see another water fall (and had a little mishap where Mum Mum fell and twisted her ankle!), then went back to the pool and then went to McDonald's for dinner. And there was another fire drill, but she apparently wasn't even really phased because she was already asleep when it happened. Brad and I had a great time at the concert! It was a great show!!
I headed back to the Poconos this morning and we went to the playground, then had lunch, packed up and headed out.
I think Lauren was happy to be home this afternoon!! Putting her to bed tonight was a challenge since for the past week, we had laid in bed with her until she fell asleep and then we were in bed with her all night....it could be an interesting re-training period.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment