Monday, April 6, 2009

Oh the mess!!

So, today was Lauren's first nap in her bed with the toddler rail on. When we got upstairs for her to get ready for her nap, I told her she needed to stay in her room until it was time to get up. I had a lot of things I needed to do while she was taking a nap today! For about thirty minutes, I just heard her talking to her baby just like when she was in her crib, but then I kept hearing her open her door, put something outside, close the door and then a minute later, I would hear the door opening again (obviously retreiving whatever she put outside of the door.) And after a few times, I told her she needed to stay in her room with the door closed. Then, I went upstairs and she was in the guest room playing with a playhouse that is in there for the moment. I told her she needed to go back in her room, so she went reluctantly...and I closed the door and told her to stay in there. She cried for a minute and then it got really quiet. When I looked in there, I saw stuff EVERYWHERE!! So, I figured she was asleep.....and she was....on the floor under her rocking chair! I have no idea why she didn't just get in her bed, but she of course had her blanket right with her. And before she went to sleep, she decided to take all of her clothes out of her dresser and most of the books off the shelf and all the CDs out of the drawer. What a mess! I am sure it's normal, but hopefully she won't do that everyday when is supposed to be taking a nap! At least she slept for an hour and a half.

2 comments:

Sara Lewis Dean said...

Reminds me of someone else...about
28 years ago....Good luck MOM

Unknown said...

She is kin to Rebecca!