So, it's a quiet house. Alison and Drew are sleeping and Lauren is still at school, it's very strange!
 |
| With her VERY proud parents! |
 |
| All ready for school |
 |
| She's ready! |
 |
| on her way!!! |
 |
| getting off the bus |
Lauren had a good first day of getting to school! (She won't be home for about an hour so hopefully the rest of the day went well, too!) We practiced getting up early at 6:30 the past two days so we made sure that was enough time to get ready for school. Monday, she fell asleep at 2:00! And yesterday she probably could have taken a nap, but I wanted to make sure she got to bed early so she wouldn't fall asleep on the bus on the way home. (She fell asleep at 8:10 last night, which is the earliest she has gone to sleep since we moved in!)
She got up, had breakfast, brushed her teeth, put on her shoes, got her backpack and we took some pictures and then waited outside for the bus to come. She got on the bus with no problem, and waved good-bye. I had tears streaming down my face as the bus drove away...how is Lauren old enough be starting kindergarten?? Brad and I went to school so we could meet her as she got off the bus. When her bus pulled up, she was chatting away with her friend Kelly and when she saw us, she waved and had a HUGE smile on her face! Then, she got off and we happily walked down the hallway to Mrs. Banbury's classroom. As soon as I took her picture outside the room, she started getting really anxious and crying that she didn't want to stay and she wanted to come home with me. But I stayed for a couple minutes and then left, crying of course! But hopefully she calmed down and had a great day! (I am sure she did, and I can't wait to hear all about it.)
 |
| outside her classroom |
We have some work to do....all the kindergartener's got a Goshen tote bag and that's the bag they use rather than a backpack. And a lot of the kids had made their bags super fancy (I even saw one little girl that had a tulle ruffle on her bag!), so Mum Mum and I have some work to do on Lauren's bag.
No comments:
Post a Comment