So, I know I am super behind on my posts, but I wanted to make sure that I blogged about all the fun things we have done this summer. Here is the first of a few posts to come over the next few days (I hope!)
Grandmother turned 90 the end of June, and she had told my dad that she didn't want a big party, but I told them that we were going to celebrate like it or not! Richard came up from Florida, and Dad & Connie hosted everyone at their house to celebrate such a huge milestone! Art came down from next door and gave Grandmother a card that had a picture of a navy guy in it, and she was taken on a trip down memory lane to a time when Granddaddy and his brother Purl were in the navy in Key West. The funniest part of the day was when Richard told Grandmother she was a "right fighter!" (As in, she always has to be right.....so now we now where Lauren (and me and my dad and my brother) get it from.
The kids were good, except Drew did not want to take a nap (I don't think he wanted to miss anything!). I know Grandmother was happy to see the girls and finally get to meet Drew!
We also got a chance to go over and visit with Elizabeth and Austin for a couple of hours before bedtime, so it was good to get to see her before Henry was born!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Funny one about being right
Post a Comment