Tuesday, June 7, 2011

What's been going on May 2011

My two cuties!!!
We were pretty busy in May (and I still have a few blogs to do), but I wanted to go ahead and do the girl's top ten lists before it gets too far into June!
It's tough to get a real smile, but here's one!

Lauren
Lauren and one of her many rocks
1. Collecting rocks....she loves to collect rocks.  We have an entire box of her rock collection in the garage.  She collects them pretty much everywhere we go....t-ball practice (she dug in the dirt more than actually doing anything related to playing t-ball), picking strawberries (after picking a bucket full of strawberries, she picked a bucketful of rocks), the park, our driveway...and she has all different sizes.

2. Sandbox...she loves to play in the sandbox.  She mostly pretends that she is cooking.

3. PLaying "Good Luck Charlie"...she has now included Alison in her game because Charlie is about the same age as Alison, but Teddy, the character she plays is about 16 (go figure!)

4. The Wiggles...for whatever reason, she has developed a newfound obsession with the Wiggles, which has made Alison have an obsession with the Wiggles.  I am ready to listen to something else in the car besides the Wiggles!

5. Organizing....(I have no idea where she gets this from!  HA!), she loves to sort and organize her things.  One night, I went into her room before I went to bed and she had taken a lot of her books off the shelf and she was sorting them by subject.  She had all the Bearenstein Bears books in one pile, all the Fancy Nancy books in a pile, but she said she got too tired before she could finish.

6. Popsicles...every afternoon, one of our favorite activities is to sit on the front porch and eat a popsicle, and Lauren always wants to drink my juice.

7. Julia and Ashlin...her two best friends from school.  I wish I could watch them in action at school one day because she is always talking about what they are doing together at school.  They seem very similar in interests and personality.  I hope we can get them together this summer because I think they are going to miss each other!

8. Her booster seat...she loves to sit in the backseat of the van in her booster seat.  I think one of the reasons is that there are all sorts of pockets and cup holders for her to use back there.

9. My shoes...she loves to go in my closet and wear my shoes and put on a concert, with all kinds of songs she made up herself.

10. Waving...she loves to wave good-bye and blow kisses every morning to Brad when he leaves or to me when I leave to go run errands.
The little wrapper


11. Wrapping presents....we have had quite a few birthdays, graduations, etc this month and Lauren loves to help me wrap the presents and then she likes to take the scraps and wrap whatever she can find in the playroom!

Cutie!!!

Alison
Alison has had this scratch on her nose for almost a month!  She keeps picking the scab off, but we have been putting neosporin on it several times a day and it finally seems to be healing.  Hopefully it will be gone before her second birthday!

Standing in the dress-up box
1. Happy Birthday...she loves to sing "Happy Birthday" because of this little birthday monkey thing that we have.  She says " Happy Birthday...To you.'"  It's adorable!  I haven't been able to get it on video yet.  But she might be able to sing it to herself by her second birthday.

2. One shoe...she mostly wears crocs and it seems like half the time she is walking around with only one shoe on.  But she's pretty good about letting me know if she loses one while we are out.

3. Singing...ABCD, she loves to sing songs, and she loves her ABCS, Row Row Row Your Boat, Wheels on the Bus and Itsy Bitsy Spider.  She tries to sing along and she is great at doing the motions.

4. M&M's....I love the way she says "M and M's," and she loves them and pretty much anything else sweet!

5. Ring Around the Rosies...she will even play it by herself sometimes.  It's cute to watch her falling down.

6. Getting under the covers...at night after her bath, she will go in our room and pull the covers all the way up and pretend to go to sleep.  She will say "Night and night" and then make sleep noises and a couple seconds later, she will sit up and say "Morning!"  She also likes to get in Lauren's bed and cover up and have Lauren read books to her.
I know she doesn't look happy,
but here are the pants!

7. Throwing stuff over the steps...she has learned how to throw her stuff over the steps and watch them fall.

8. PJ pants...she has developed a love for these pink leopard PJ pants.  She carries them around like a blanket, and she calls them "pink!"  So sometimes in the morning, she will say "Pink" because she wants to make sure to get them out of her bed.

9. Receipts....I was cleaning out some old receipts and she found them, and she loves to just play with them and put them in piles.  For a while she was calling them coupons, but now she calls them receipts.

10. Popsicles...she also loves popsicles and she can pretty much eat the while popsicle without help now, but she pretty much lets it melt and drinks the juice.

11. Pink....she is definitely obsessed with pink.  She will pick out the pink crayons when she is coloring and she will point out pink things in the book she is reading.  I definitely think pink is her favorite color.

Lauren's Victoria and the Silly Bandz
12. Washing her hands...she loves to wash her hands in the bathroom with me.  She will come running into the bathroom as soon as she hears me in there and she will say "Hands!"

13. Lauren's Victoria....Mum Mum gave Alison her own Victoria doll, but it still is not as good as Lauren's.  She wakes up every morning and says "Lauren's" and then goes into Lauren's room on a search for "Ta."  Pretty cute how much she loves babies.  And I am so glad Lauren is usually willing to share!

No comments: