Monday, December 6, 2010

Fancy Nancy Party






We celebrated Lauren's birthday with a Fancy Nancy birthday party on Saturday. 6 of her friends came over in their fanciest ensembles and we played a few games, did a little craft, read a book and had cake and ice cream of course! Lauren was very excited to have all her friends.

I tried to decorate the dining room and make it "fancy."

When the girls arrived, they all made door hangers with fancy stickers and letters. I thought it was funny that I got all the letters for the girls to spell out their names, and most of them just put the letters on out of order. Then, we went into "Lauren's Fashion Boutique" and read Fancy NAncy book. Then, we played a game for all of the girls to get fancy. I made a big die out of a box and then the girls rolled and they each picked out a ring, a tiara, a wand and a boa. We also played freeze dance and follow the line leader. We had cupcakes and fruit kebobs on fancy toothpicks and pink lemonade in goblets. The girls also had a fun time playing with the baby dolls. It was cute to see all the girls all dressed up!

No comments: