Wow! October was busy and went by WAY too quickly! Lauren is counting down the days until her birthday. Here's what the girlies have been up to!
LAUREN'S TOP TEN:
1. Showers...she will pretty much only take showers by herself now, which is easier for sure! But she did take a couple of baths with Alison last week while Brad was gone, which made things easier on me. She is great about washing her hair and everything. But I am sure Alison misses the bath buddy...sometimes.
2. Making up songs....she will be playing in the playroom and I just hear her singing a song about what she is doing or whatever she is thinking at the moment, and she has recorded a few of them on my iPhone. It's hysterical to listen to them. I need to figure out how to get them onto the computer.
3. Demi Lovato...she has now replaced Hannah Montana with Demi Lovato, to the point where she is telling her dance teacher that she is Demi! I think she really wants to be a singer and dancer when she grows up.
4. Make-up....she loves to sit at her vanity and put on make-up, and sometimes I will put a tiny little bot on her face when I put it on.
5. Earrings...she also everyday says that she is wearing earrings. She always remembers to take them out before she goes to bed! Hopefully she is that good when they are real! HA!
6. Jessie....she was the CUTEST Jessie for Halloween! And whenever she put on her costume, she would say "YEE HAW!" So cute!
7. Playing in her room....she loves to go up in her room and play by herself. She plays with her doll house, or gets out some of her buddies and plays school. It's so great how her imagination works!
8. Days of the week....She has learned all the days of the week at school, so she will sing the song to figure out what day is coming up next.
9. Pledge of Allegiance...she has also learned the pledge of allegiance at school, and she can recite the entire thing! Pretty impressive!
10. Buddy of the moment...her blanket is the one constant, but every few days, she will decide that she needs this one buddy to bring with her everywhere we go and for sleeping. Tonight, it was this little pink bear, Abby Cadabby and Jessie. Last night, she woke me up from a deep sleep because she couldn't find her bear!
11. Packing up...she cracks me up sometimes when we leave the house because she will pack a bag with a phone, several buddies, and other random stuff, even if we are just going to school, which is a 5 minute drive!
12. Gold shoes...I bought Lauren this pair of gold ballet flats, and she has worn them every single day since I got them. They are really cute, and she has gotten comments everytime she has worn them out.
ALISON'S TOP TEN
1. Basketball...she still loves to play basketball with her daddy. She gets the biggest grin on her face when he picks her up and she dunks the ball in the net.
2. Walking..she is finally a little walker!! And she is so proud of herself. It won't be long before she is chasing after her big sister.
3. Parts of the body...she is starting to learn all her parts of the body. She can point to her nose, mouth, ears, eyes, hair, head, belly, toes and fingers.
4. "Cheers!"...Lauren and I taught her how to clink her cup one day, and now at every meal, she wants to do cheers at least a couple of times. It's pretty cute!
5. Babbling....she is still a little babbler, always has something to say!
6. Shape sorter.....one of her favorite toys is the shape sorter, and she is pretty good at putting the shapes in the right place if I turn the box so the shape in her hand is the one closest to her.
7. Baby dolls....WOW, is she obsessed with baby dolls! She gets so excited when she sees a baby doll, but only the ones with hard heads. She doesn't really like dolls with soft faces. It is so adorable to see her hug the baby to her and kiss it.
8. Climbing....still the climber! She has made it all the way to the top of the dining room table a couple of times. She is quick! She has also figured out how to climb on top of our bed.
9.Lollipops...she is the same way with lollipops as she was with popsicles. She was too funny with the Halloween candy, just picking out all the lollipops.
10. Buckles...she will play with buckles for at least 20 minutes, which is exactly how Lauren was at the same age. She is completely fascinated!
And something the two of them love to do together when I am getting dressed in the morning is climb in the bathtub in my bathroom...I need to get a picture of them in there together. They get their baby dolls and all kinds of stuff and pretend they are at school, or going on vacation or whatever Lauren has dreamed up in that moment. I am so glad they are starting to play together. They play together pretty well for the most part, and they really do love each other. I just love it when Alison walks up to Lauren and gives her a big hug. SO sweet!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment