This post is somewhat delayed, but Mom requested to be on the blog!
Mum Mum came to visit the first weekend of November, and she was a huge help! We had a community yard sale on Saturday morning and a surprise birthday party on Saturday night.
Friday after we picked her up from the airport, we headed to the Garden State Discovery Museum. The girls had a blast! Lauren loved the car again, and the farmer's market was her favorite. Alison's favorite was the big basketball court they had, and Lauren even tried to play a little hockey.
Saturday, Brad and I were outside at the yard sale mostly, and we did ok. Most of the stuff I thought would be gone is still sitting in our garage, but we did sell our old TV and microwave, and a bunch of other little stuff. While Brad was watching the game, Lauren, Mum Mum and I made the invitations for Lauren's Fancy Nancy birthday party. They turned out really well! Saturday night, Brad and I went to surprise 40th birthday party and we were shocked when we came home to find LAuren sleeping in Mum Mum's bed in the basement. What was even stranger is that she was sleeping with her head at the foot of the bed!! But she stayed down there all night. Mum Mum really enjoyed having the bedmate I think.
Sunday, we went to church and then just bummed around in the afternoon. We had a great visit, and Lauren and Mum Mum had a great time playing with all kinds of things, and Alison and Mum Mum had a great time playing babies!



No comments:
Post a Comment