I am going to do two separate posts for the girls for this month since Lauren turned four, and I have states for both of them since Alison just had her 15 month check up. I still can't believe that Lauren is four! She is such a smart, funny, sweet (when she wants to be!), intense, caring, loving little girl. She challenges me sometimes, but I just love it when she says "I love you so much Mommy!" and when she wants to cuddle with me. I have to remind myself that she won't want to do that forever. She amazes me with how much she understands and the questions that she asks. And her imagination is amazing! I never know what I am going to find when I go in her room....from being a baby-sitter, to riding a train, to reading to her buddies, she can have fun with just about anything, and I am so happy about that!
We went to the doctor yesterday for her four year check up and she had to get six shots, which was way too many!!! She was crying so hard, I felt so bad. I think a couple of them really hurt, but she was very brave! A ring pop helped her to feel better! She is 35.6 pounds and 39 1/2 inches, which is about 50th percentile for both. She also did her hearing and vision test, which were both great. The doctor said she is doing great, but hopefully for her next visit she will be eating more (some sort of) vegetables!
Here's what she is into this month:
1. Sonny with a Chance/Demi....she started to get into Demi because of the music and then she discovered that she has a show on TV, so she watches it every once in awhile and about 50% of the time, she pretends to be Sonny and she is a "teenager." She is most definitely 4 going on 14!
2. Singing...she LOVES to sing...songs on the radio, songs she makes ups, songs that are playing on my iPod. She really gets into singing and dancing when it's a song she likes. I have tried to get a good video of it, but she usually stops as soon as I start recording!
3. "Cheese sandwiches"...she has been going through this phase where she likes to eat cheese sandwiches, which are actually just a cheese stick wrapped in a tortilla. A little non-traditional cheese sandwich, but she eats every last bite!
4. Commercials...whenever we watch football (which is all day Saturday and Sunday in the fall), she loves to watch the commercials, mostly the ones that have music with them, but she is definitely listening because Brad was putting her to bed one night and she said "www.pottyseatinsurance.com"! (Where does she come up with this stuff???)
5. Lunch Bunch...she loves to do lunch bunch at school, especially when her friend Julia is going to lunch bunch. I think they have called me about 5 times because Julia is going to lunch bunch and Lauren is not!
6. Spelling...she is very interested in learning how to spell words. She's going to be reading before we know it!!!
7. PLaying on the computer...she loves to play games on the computer.
8. Dinner Parties...she discovered the drawer in the china cabinet where I keep the napkin rings and placecards and couple of different times, she has gotten them out for a dinner party!
9. Earrings...she is always talking about her earrings and putting in her earrings. She got some sticker earrings for her birthday and she has worn a pair everyday since. I hope she doesn't want to get her ears pierced yet, I don't think I am ready for that!
10. "Silly Band, Silly Band"...last week, she made up this game with her silly bands that is a lot like go fish. She just made it up all by herself, and then today, she was pretending that she and Julia were playing it together.



1 comment:
what is crazy is those stats for Lauren are about the same for Josh! Based on me measuring him and weighing him at home he is 36 lbs and 39 inches - and she is a little over 2 years older!
Post a Comment