It is so hard to believe that October is already here....September went by so quickly! So, I didn't get a chance to post the list of the girl's favorite things even though I had a list written down, so here they are!
LAUREN
It's so hard for me to believe that Lauren is already old enough to be in school and taking a dance class, but I think she is really enjoying both of them! When she comes home from school, some days she is very forth-coming with information, but she always mentions her friend Julia, who is also a neighbor. And it sounds like the girls mostly just play with the girls. She had a rough time the first couple of times I dropped her off, but now she walks in like a pro. So, the next step is doing drop off so I don't have to go in the building when I drop her off in the morning. I think she is learning a few things in dance because the other day after dance, she was showing me her passe! It's so cute to see all the girls in the pink leotards and tights. Her teacher told me that I need to get the tights without the feet because she kept taking her tights off because her feet were sweating!
1. Brushing her hair...she likes to brush her own hair (what doesn't she like to do herself?), and she actually does a pretty good job, except in the back.
2. Imaginary friends....she has quite a few imaginary friends and they are always doing fun things, like having sleepovers and going on vacation. Her most common imaginary friends are Molly and Ashley, and the other day she was talking about taking a present to Ashley for her birthday, and she wrapped scotch tape all around a box and put all sorts of random things in there for her!
3. Buckling her buddies into the seatbelt....she is always wanting to take at least one "buddy" (stuffed animal or baby doll) with us when we go somewhere, and she always makes sure they are all buckled into the seat, either in the passenger seat with me or in the back seat with her and Alison.
4. Reading...she is always reading to herself after we put her to bed and she loves when we read to her. She is now able to pick out a few words when we are reading to her, like when we read Olivia, she can pick out the word "Olivia" on the page.
5. Playing school....sometimes after she goes to school, she will get out her Little People and play school with them. Someone is always Miss Ellen, and then she will talk about other people in her class. It's pretty interesting to hear what she has to say about her teacher and her classmates!
6. Singing...she has gotten in the habit of making up songs. She will get my iPhone and use the microphone and make up all kinds of different songs. She also will be playing and will start singing either "Bad Romance" or "Alejandro" or occasionally a Hannah Montana song.
7. Baby-sitter...she loves to play that I am the baby-sitter and she just calls me "baby-sitter." I have tried to get her to give the baby-sitter a name, but no luck yet!
8. Vacation...she LOVES to pretend to go on vacation. She will load up the couch in the playroom with all sorts of stuff and say she is going on vacation. And she is always asking if we can go on vacation again. I am really glad she had such a great time when we went on vacation!
9. iPhone....now that I have my iPhone, she loves to play with it! As I mentioned, she loves to play with the microphone. And I also downloaded this Disney App that has all sorts of games and videos that she loves to play with; I made a folder of games for her to play, and she is usually pretty good about only playing those games.
10. Water with ice...whenever she asks for a cup of water, she will ask for it with ice. she definitely likes her beverages cold!
11. "Camp Rock 2".....I recorded Camp Rock 2 from the Disney Channel about a month ago, and it is hysterical to watch it with Lauren. The only time that she really pays attention is when the music is on, and she can dance along to all the dance moves, it's pretty amazing to watch!
ALISON
Little Alison is not so little anymore! She is starting to talk and she is almost walking, and she can definitely let you know what she needs and doesn't like these days! We found out last month that she is allergic to eggs, which we suspected after her hives on her birthday after the cake. She was a total trouper at the allergist, and I am so glad that we know now!
1. Closing doors....whenever we are in her room or Lauren's room, she loves to close the door. And then she will stand up and try to open the door so she can do it all over again!
2. Pushing buttons...she loves to push the button on the coffee maker in the morning when I make my coffee and she loves to push the button to close the garage door when we get home from somewhere.
3. Velcro...whenever she finds Lauren's shoes that have velcro on them, she just loves to play with the velcro and put it in her mouth of course!
4. Dogs...out neighbors across the street have a dog, and she will hear her barking when we are getting in the car and she gets so excited and points to their house like she wants to go over there and see the dog! So cute!
5. Buckles...she is obsessed with buckles, just like Lauren was at this age! She played with the buckles on her stroller the entire time Lauren was at dance class one day. And she will find the buckles in the car seat, or high chair or whatever. It's so amazing how fascinated she is by them!
6. Fruit...this girl LOVES pretty much any kind of fruit, but her favorites are bananas and grapes. She ate an entire nectarine one Saturday while we were watching the Michigan game! Now if only she would eat vegetables with the same excitement!
7. Sitting in chairs...she has figured out how to climb in the chairs at the little kid's table and she just figured out how to climb up in the chairs at our dining room table. And she gets so proud of herself when she gets up there, it's so funny! The problem is that once she gets into the chair, then she stands in the chair and climbs on the table! She is quite the little monkey!
8. Playing outside...it's such a bummer that just as she is learning to walk, we can't play outside for too much longer. She absolutely loved playing outside, mostly just crawling around in the grass and on the sidewalk and playing with all the toys outside. Her favorite was definitely the Little car that had the buckles in it, but she did also discover the Barbie jeep and she loved climbing in and out of that. She was never very happy to come inside after being outside. At a couple of times we walked to the park, and she had the best time going down the slide headfirst!!! (Not a great habit I know, but it made her SO happy and it was so cute to see her laughing!)
9. Balancing...she is so great at standing, like she can stand for about 30 seconds and dance and suck her thumb, that I know she is going to take off so soon! (She did take about 10 steps yesterday!!)
10. Blowing kisses...she loves to blow kisses and whenever we are going up to bed, she will start blowing kisses. she also gives really good kisses and hugs, too. She can be such a little cuddle bug!
11. Babbling...she is quite the little babbler, I wish I could understand so much of what she is saying, but she is saying a few words like "uh oh", "mama", "dada", "that" and "bubble"
12. Abby....Lauren's Bitty Baby doll is her favorite! She will cry whenever Lauren has her, and she just gets so excited when she gets her. It's so cute, I think I know what Santa may be bringing for Alison!!
So, that's what has been going on here lately! These two girls keep me so busy that I am so exhausted by the end of the day! But I love it!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment