Friday, October 15, 2010

Fall Fun!






We have been busy enjoying fall in the past few weeks, so here is a recap of some of our adventures!

Last weekend, Brad went back to Michigan for the Michigan-Michigan State game, so the girls and I decided to head to a local place for a hayride/pumpkin patch. My friend Amanda's husband was out of town as well, so she and her two boys joined us, so it was nice to have an extra set of eyes and company to chat with! It was perfect because we did the hayride, and they even included a place where we had to stop to pay the troll and they gave the kids a coin to try to throw in the bucket, and then they had a small corn maze and a pumpkin patch to pick out pumpkins. Then, we went back and they got to decorate the pumpkins, which they loved! So, that was fun!!

Then, Monday Brad was off for Columbus Day, so we headed to the apple orchard to pick some apples. We got a pretty big box full of apples and we picked up some decorations for our new paver porch and walkway, so now we are all festive outside as well.

Thursday, Lauren had her school field trip to Duffield's, a local farm that has a huge pumpkinland, hayride and animals to see. Lauren's favorite part was riding the bus over there, which was fun! I am glad that I was able to do it with her as well. When we got there, we got on the hayride and headed to the pumpkin patch where Lauren and I got to pick our pumpkins, then back on the hayride and we walked around and fed the animals and then had a snack and then headed to pumpkinland so she could run on the haybales for a minute before we had to get back on the bus and head back. It was really cute, and Lauren had a great time playing with her friend Julia, who lives in our neighborhood and is also in Lauren's class! It was cute to see them together! It was a great trip and I am so glad we didn't get rained on, it started raining as soon as we got on the bus to head back home. Perfect!

And Alison is officially walking as of today! She probably walked more than she crawled today, which is great!!! I am so happy, and she is very proud of herself. I will try to get a good video of it this weekend.

Can't believe only 2 weeks until Halloween!!!

No comments: