So, I know I need to do a post about Alison's birthday, but I want to ahead and get the top ten out there first....and I should also be getting ready for our trip to Michigan, but anything to procrastinate! :)
So, here are
Lauren's Top Ten for July
Lauren was busy in July! She went to two different camps, one at her pre-school and the other at church. I think she had a great time at both, and I hope once she goes to school, she will be able to share more information with us about what she did that day. She did a lot of swimming and a lot of playing with friends. We had to get a rental car last week while they were fixing the bumper on the van and she wanted to keep that car because she could get herself out of the doors all by herself and she thought that was pretty cool.
1. Fashion Show....Lauren, Emma and Sophie love to raid my closet and wear my shoes and do a fashion show. Lauren is the only one who changes clothes, but Sophie will change her shoes and her hairstyle and sometimes accessories!
2. Getting herself dressed....she is really good about getting herself dressed most mornings, and she is definitely getting better at matching. Although today, she dressed in all green, but the greens were not exactly matching, but at least she tried!
3. Toy Story...she LOVES anything Toy Story. And she has decided for the moment that she wants to be Jessie from Toy Story for Halloween!
4. Making phone calls...she still really likes to talk on the phone and she is getting to be a good conversationalist on the phone.
5. Her friends...she loves to talk about her friends and what they are doing and pretending to go over to their houses to play and talking to their mommies on the phone.
6. Swimming...she is really loving the pool, although we haven't been there much in the past few weeks. But when we are there, she is loving swimming and being in the pool!
7. Violet...she has adopted Violet (Alison's baby doll) as HER baby. She is always willing to give her to Alison when she needs to go to sleep, but a couple of times, she was giving ALison her blanket just so she could hold onto Violet.
8. Going to work...she has this little plastic container of playing cards, coupons, a checkbook and a couple other miscellaneous thing that she will get out and say " I have to do my work now." And she even said the other day "I don't get any days off, I have to work every day!"
9. Reading magazines on the potty...she has gotten in the habit of reading while she using the bathroom. It's fine except sometimes she wants to read the whole magazine before she will get off the potty. I guess I need to find some short magazines to put in there for her to read!
10. Cupcakes...We have had a lot of cupcakes in the past week with all the birthday celebrations and I am sure it will continue on our trip!
Alison's Top Ten for July
Alison has become quite the little crawler...she is FAST!!! And she is all about climbing the stairs. When I say "Do you want to go downs in the basement?" she gets really excited and kicks her legs and waves her arms because she is so excited to go down there and be able to climb up the steps! She is still such a sweet little baby, but she gets frustrated when she can't do what she wants!
1. DVD player..she LOVES to go up to the DVD player and open to disc drawer, and she has also figured out how to turn it off and on and change the volume.
2. Eating more food...she has been trying more and more table food, which is good. So far, she likes every kind of fruit I have given her except cantelope. She tried eggplant and peas and corn and liked all of those. She wasn't too fond of turkey or cheese, but I will have to keep trying!
3. Climbing...she loves to climb on everything! She will climb up in Lauren's little pink chair and stand up and she is so proud of herself. She also loves to climb up on the little plastic picnic table that is down in the basement. And of course, the steps.
4. Duck lips...for a couple of weeks, she was all about making duck lips, and it was so funny when she did it, but she hasn't done it in a while.
5. Coffee...she is completely obsessed with coffee!!! Whenever I say "I am going to make my coffee" she will point at the coffee maker and she loves to touch my coffee cup and I have started to let her push the button for me. But no sips for a long time!
6. Pointing...she will point her cute little finger at Brad all the time, and she will point at the coffee pot and sometimes she will point at things that you ask her where they are. We just need to teach her how to hold her finger up straight so she can tell people she is one!
7. Talking...I love to hear her cute little voice. She is babbling so much, and she even uses inflection and everything. She really has so much to say, we just can't really understand anything she is saying, although she is pretty good at getting her point across without using words.
8. Putting things into buckets...one of her favorite things to do is pick up a toy and try to find somewhere to put it. She will put all sorts of random things in the stroller.
9. Kisses...she kisses pretty much anything, but she will give us kisses, which is so sweet! I love her little kisses because she will put her mouth on my cheek and say "Mwah" and then she pulls her face away really quickly and gets this huge smile on her face. I just can't get enough of her kisses!
10. Honking noses..she just recently learned how to honk noses, so she will push on your nose and then when you say "Honk, honk," she starts giggling.
11. The phone and the remotes...she loves to push the buttons. The cute thing about the phone is that she will pick up the phone and say "Da Da Da" because she knows that we talk to Daddy on the phone a lot.
So, that's what the girlies have been up to this week! They are so much fun and it's hard to believe Alison is already one!!! They are so cute together most of the time, and hearing them laughing together is the best sound in the world.



No comments:
Post a Comment