Monday, September 16, 2013

Just a few things I don't want to forget

So, we are finally into our routine of school and activities and we are all staying very busy!!  And having lots of fun as well!!

Lauren is loving school and the other day she was talking about her tooth coming out and she said "They must have had a different tooth fairy when Abraham Lincoln was around if the tooth fairy went to college with Papa!"  Smart Girl!!  And she is already trying to set up her own playdates.  She got the phone number of her friend Tommy who rides the bus with her.  (I guess I should tell her maybe it should be the other way around), but she called him and they arranged a playdate, and then his mom called a couple seconds later!  Too funny!!

Alison is also loving school and has made some new friends!  Her favorite thing now is at nap time, I always lay with her for a few minutes before I leave the room and she says "Mommy, can I have a few more extra minutes?"  And then she says "Mommy, I lik-ed cuddling with you!"  How sweet is that?!?!



Drew is giving me a run for my money these days, literally.  I feel like I need to wear sneakers all the time because he is a runner!!!  And he is fast!  Funny things about him are that he is always saying "Wanna watch Cars!"  And when you ask him what color something is, the response is always "geen." And anytime you mention school, he says "See fishie?"  because Alison has a pet fish in her class, and Lauren's school has fish in the front lobby.

And as for Brad and I, we are training for a half marathon on November 10!!  I have now run the longest I have ever run in my life, 7 miles!  We are looking forward to it.  I am doing something else I thought I would never do and that is wake up early to run! I get up three times a week and meet my friend Kristen to run at 5:45 AM.  It's early, but definitely much easier when you know someone is counting on you!

No comments: