Monday, February 13, 2012

ALISON at 2 1/2

I figured I should do a blog about Alison now that I did one about Lauren and Drew.  (The poor middle child!)


Alison is such an easy-going little girl and she can be so sweet!  She loves to suck her thumb, which I think is still pretty cute, although I can already see that her teeth are pushed forward, but hopefully once her permanent teeth come in, it won't be such an issue.  We shall see what the dentist says this fall.

She is definitely a girlie girl!  She picks out her dress to wear every morning, and she can put on pants, socks and shoes all by herself, but not shirts and dresses yet, but I am sure it won't be long.  For a while, she rotated about 5 dresses (her gray dress, her red dress, her pink dress, her black dress, and her Minnie dress (actually a shirt with a ruffle on the bottom)) that she rotated, but she has started to branch out and wear other dresses in her closet, which is a good thing because she has a lot of cute dresses!  She loves to wear this purple dance costume when we are at home (she sometimes calls it her wedding dress.)  She wears dresses to bed more often than she wears PJs; she will have Lauren help her put a dress on after they go to bed.

Her favorite thing to play with these days are baby dolls.  She will pile all of the baby dolls in a shopping cart or stroller, along with about 25 other things, and push them in the computer room and pretend to run errands or go to playgroup.  And I have to make sure I call her mommy when she is playing with her baby dolls, and if I don't, she says "I'm a Mommy, not Alison."  She also likes to play Barbies up in her room, and she plays with them similarly to the baby dolls, pretending they are mommies and kids.  She is a very independent player, which is great, but she likes for me to help her set up all the baby dolls along the couch and say their names.  Her favorite baby doll is still "brown-eyed baby," who is always naked!

She loves to play with Lauren and will do pretty much anything Lauren says, and I am so happy they get along so well.  The sisterly bond has been so fun to watch, and I hope the stay friends forever.  She also loves Drew, but I just have to watch her because she likes to lean on him and pretend to dance with him, so I just have to remind her to be gentle.

Her favorite things to listen to in the car is the VBS CDs from church, and I love listening to her sing all the songs.  I hope she will be able to do VBS this summer....if not this year, then definitely next year.

She likes to color, and the way she colors is she gets a crayon and makes a few lines back and forth and then gets another color and does the same thing.  And she is most definitely a lefty, she always colors with her left hand.

No comments: