Two weeks ago, we went to Nashville. The girls and I flew down on Monday morning, and they were so great on the plane! I was so thankful! Granddaddy came to the airport to help us with the rental car and the car seats and we headed to Granddaddy's house. I went to the service for my friend whose twin son Jackson passed away, and I was so happy I could be there for her. It was such a sweet service, and he is now a guardian angel up in heaven watching over his parents and twin brother Austin. The girls had a good time playing with Granddaddy and Grandma Connie while I was gone.
Tuesday, we went to lunch with GeGe at Chick-Fil-A. They were both not so sure at first, but after lunch and some playtime, they both gave her
big hugs (and even a kiss from Alis
on!) after lunch. It really warmed
GeGe's heart I think!
Alison never took a nap because she fell asleep on the way to Chick-Fil-A so I took the girls out to play on the deck, which was perfect because they were completely contained and the
y had the best time picking up all the acorns and the sticks. We don't have those around here since we don't have any trees.
Wednesday, we went over to Elizabeth's house so we could meet baby Austin. He is
so precious and such a little cuddlebug. It was so nice to meet him, and Lauren was thinking about holding him but then she changed her mind at the last minute. The girls had a great time playing with all the toys they had and climbing up
yummy! And they had an arcade where the girls went and played after dinner. Both of the girls had a great time pretending to be race car drivers.
Thursday, I went over to Grandmother's for the morning to visit. The girls went out on the deck with Granddaddy and Grandma Connie again, which they loved of course!
Friday, we just hung out around the
house and the girls had a great time "cooking" (taking out all of the pots and pans) and then we found some treasures in my room...my old plastic charm necklace and my Polly Pockets. Lauren was in heaven!!! Friday night, we went to pick up Brad from the airport and we got
stuck in a little bit of traffic, and LAuren said "Mommy, I don't think you know how to get the Granddaddy's airport." We finally made it and then we went to dinner at one of my all time favorite restaurants, Dalt's! YUM!!! We were all really happy to see Brad.
Saturday morning, we went
to meet GeGe at the Puffy Muffin for breakfast...it wouldn't be a trip to Nashville without breakfast at the Puffy Muffin. GeGe knew just about everyone there and they were all so happy to see her. The girls had a great time checking out all the pastrie
s with Granddaddy so we could visit with GeGe a little more. SAturday afternoon, Elizabeth and Austin came over for a little visit and then we had to get ready for the wedding! Brad, Lauren and I went to the wedding of Katie, a girl I baby-sat for all through high school. The wedding was beautiful and Lauren had the best time at the reception dancing with her new friend, the Flower Girl Megan. Lauren was literally her shadow for a while, doing every move she did, it was pretty cute, and I don't think Megan was too annoyed. It was so fun to see Lauren having such a great time. And I was so great to see Katie and her two sisters, Melissa and Maggie. They are all doing so well and they are so grown-up!
Sunday, we went to the church where I grew up. They have a little children's message where all the kids go sit in the front of the church and the pastor tells the kids a little story related to the sermon for that day. Sunday, she was talking about baptism. She asked Lauren her name since she didn't recognize her, and she introduced her at the beginning of the message, and Lauren said "I am just on vacation." And then she made friends with a little girl sitting next to her, and she was just whispering to her the whole time and totally invading her personal space, but she didn't seem to mind too much. After the message, she went to Sunday School and they said she did a great job. Once we got home from church, we packed up and headed to the airport. It was an uneventful trip home and the girls were great travelers once again.
We enjoyed our trip! And Lauren kept talking about how old Granddaddy's house is, it was pretty funny!



No comments:
Post a Comment