Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Strawberry Picking



Last Friday, we went to pick our strawberries with a few friends. It was a beautiful day, and the strawberries were very plentiful! Lauren did a pretty good job of picking, but she was more interested in eating them, but how could you not when they are so yummy?? She also had a great time running through the strawberry fields with Connor. And little Alison was happy to just sit in her stroller and watch us as we picked. I put one in her hand and she just looked at it, she almost put it in her mouth, but not quite! When we got home, I gave some to Lauren for lunch, and she gave one to Alison and all she did was squish it in her hand and make a really big mess!

We made several yummy smoothies this weekend with the strawberries as well as blueberries from LAST summer! And I froze one bag of them to have in the future for smoothies or waffles. Maybe next year I will be ambitious and make some strawberry jam. YUM!

That's one good thing about living in the garden state....lots of opportunities to pick yummy fruits. We look forward to picking blueberries, peaches, apples and who knows what else later on this summer and fall!

No comments: