Sunday, June 27, 2010

Busy week!

It was a busy week last week!

Monday, Emma & Sophie came over for most of the day, and Lauren & Alison both had a great time with them. I made a not so smart move and let them paint. Emma was fine, but Lauren and Sophie made a HUGE mess! I am still finding paint everywhere since they put it all over their hands! But they were great and Lauren enjoyed spending so much time with them.
Thursday, we finally went to the pool for the first time! It was actually not that bad. I was hoping to put Alison in the Bumbo seat in the baby pool but it floats and she is not heavy enough to keep it on the bottom, so she just stood the whole time and splashed in the water on the side of the pool, which was fine. I just have to be really cautious of her. And Lauren had a great time splashing around in the water and playing with the toys.

Friday, we went to a little art class and then Lauren's friend Madison came over and they had a great time playing babies and kitchen. Then we had an impromptu playdate with the neighbors and the kids put all kinds of water in the sandbox! I am shocked that never happened last year, but what a mess! Lauren kept talking about the sand cookies they made. And Alison
was having a great time just playing with two little toys in the water table.

Saturday, one of our neighbor's came over to watch the soccer game and Lauren played with Julianna. They played dress up and Lauren put in Julie's shirt! And then they played in the pool for about and hour and a half! We went to a graduation party in the neighborhood and our house was quiet at 7:30 last night! Boy were those girls tired!
Today, I worked in the nursery at church while Brad played a double header in baseball. His team actually won both games and he pitched a full 7 innings, which hasn't happened much this year. Then, Lauren and I went to the pool so I could see how she would do with her swimmies on. She did AWESOME!!! She was a little hesitant at first, but after just a few minutes she was swimming all by herself. She just needs to remember to keep her mouth closed when she swims. She also had a great time jumping in from the side of the pool. I am going to venture into the big pool with both girls today so we shall see how that goes!

Tonight, Lauren and I went to the grocery store, and as we were leaving, she said "Mommy don't forget the panty bag!" That's what she calls the bag that I take when it's just her and I...instead of the diaper bag, it's the panty bag! Pretty funny, she even came up with that herself. And when were there tonight, she met a new imaginary friend, Molly. She kept talking to "Molly" when we were at the grocery, ( I kept thinking she was talking to me because Molly sounds a lot like Mommy.) When we got to the van, she said "Ok Molly, time to get in the car" and then she wanted me to help Molly buckle in and give Molly a hug before they went to bed. I don't know much about imaginary friends yet, but I am sure I will!

And Alison has four top teeth!! We can see three
of them and feel the fourth one. You can't really see them unless you pull up her lip, but 6 teeth for my little baby! And she almost has enough hair for a bow without a headband.....I am sure it wouldn't stay in for long, though.

No comments: