Tuesday, September 8, 2009

What a day!

Today was a really good day! Lauren got herself dressed today...in the same dress that she wore yesterday. It's a very cute dress, but I hope she will let me put it in the dirty clothes tonight when she takes it off.

And at her naptime today, she decided after about an hour that she was ready to get up, so she said "Mommy, I don't have any clothes on." Sure enough, I went up there and she was in the buff and I asked her why she took off her clothes and she said because she had to take a shower in her bed. Lately, her favorite thing to do is empty all her panties out of the drawer, and today she was really good about helping me clean up.

Lauren pooped on the potty three times today! She went in the playroom and she said "Mommy, I'm not pooping." But it was obvious to me that she was, so I told her she needed to come sit on the potty and she did and it and she pooped, and then did the same thing again and she went again! I was so proud of her! Her reward was a Hershey kiss and 10 M&Ms. Of course the first time she went, I was feeding Alison at the same time. Potty training and breastfeeding at the same time makes things even more interesting!






After dinner tonight (which I cooked for the first time in a month!), Brad and Lauren were laughing as hard as they could. It was really cute!


I can't believe that Alison is already a month old! Her baby acne is getting better and I can't wait until her face is smooth again! She is starting to almost smile and she has such a precious smile. She likes to be swaddled, and she also likes to sit up on my shoulder and look around.

2 comments:

Sara Lewis Dean said...

yea Lauren and Mommy and baby Ali
and Bradley too...Just one happy family....

Unknown said...

I think Alison looks like you? Have you compared baby pictures?