Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Cross Country

So, Lauren did her first trial cross country practice last night, and I am SOOOOOO proud of her!!!  She was kind of nervous at first I could tell, and after the first lap around the field she was ready to give up, but she stuck it out and did the warm up stretches and then they were off on their first 25 minute run.  She was not so sure about it, but my friend Shannon took her and told her that if she wanted to turn around, she could.  But she didn't!!!  And she said the second lap was even better than the first.  After a quick bathroom break, she said "I hope we get to run another lap!"  And they did....3 sprints around the field and she got better each time.  I am still kind of in disbelief that she did it, and I think she also enjoyed it which is even better!!

1 comment:

Bob said...

Running in her genes!