Lauren is a little over a week into first grade, and she seems to be having a good time so far. She is in Mrs. Turnage's class, and there are 6 boys and 1 girl from her class last year, as well as a couple of other kids she knows from the neighborhood and from Daisies, so I think she was relieved after open house.
She was so excited for the first day of school that she was ready with about 10 minutes to spare, which will not happen very often I am sure! We all went outside to wait for the bus, which is coming 6 minutes earlier this year since school starts earlier. She has a new bus number and a new bus driver, as well as a neighbor boy that gets on the bus at our stop. She was a little nervous that I wasn't coming to school this year, but I told her she's a big first grader now and she doesn't need me to come to school. Also, she stopped by to see Mrs. Banbury on her way to class, which helped I know.
She was happy when she got off the bus, but not so happy to see me waiting at the bus stop. Since she is a first grader now, she is allowed to get off the bus all by herself. I told her I would just wait for the first week, and this week she has been getting off the bus and coming in the front door. The bus driver even stops right at the end of our driveway, which is very nice of him!
We are so proud of our first grader and look forward to a great year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment