Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Alison

I intended to do updates on all the kids a couple of weeks ago, but didn't quite make it.  But here I am, finally!

Alison is getting so big, and she is starting to assert herself a lot, but she still has such a sweet spirit and is easygoing most of the time.








She is still obsessed with Rapunzel and she can't wait to go to Disney so she can sit on Rapunzel's lap.  I can't wait to see her face when she sees her for the first time.  She outs on some kind of Rapunzel clothes pretty much every day, usually a Rapuzel costume or dress as well as the hair.  She has gotten really good at dancing and walking around holding the hair on her head.  Sometimes she even puts on the wig!  And I think we all know almost every single word to the Tangled soundtrack.  And she also pretty much ONLY wears her Tangled nightgown to bed.
Some of her Rapunzel collection

The Rapunzel nightgown


Reed, Liam, Alison, Kayla, Ben, Gracie, Drew
(Abby was sick that day)
She loves school and has learned almost all of her letters.  She is getting good at recognizing numbers and letters.  She was so excited last week when the leprechauns came to her class and messed everything up.  She is always talking about Ben, Kayla and Abby.  I am so glad she has made some friends!  She can write her name, although she usually writes it backwards.  I am sure some of that is being left-handed, and also an age thing.  She does pretty well with all of her letters, but her L is always backwards and her N is an upside down u with a dot,  I have no idea where she came up with that!

Her card for Bob, she's getting pretty good at her letters!
She dresses herself pretty much every day, usually with a headband and almost always with her shoes on the wrong feet.  And she loves to wear skirts under dresses and she loves to layer tank tops.

When she is in a new situation or tired, she sucks her left thumb, twists her hair with her right hand and sticks it in her ear.  It's quite a site to see!




Her favorite things to do are play princesses, read books, dance, and play games.  I love listening to her read books.  If she knows the book, she will ususally tell a pretty accurate version of the story, but if it's a book she doesn't know, she typically just makes something up based on the pictures.  Her favorite games are Memory Match, Hulabaloo and Toy Story Yahztee.

And her favorite person in the world is Lauren!  They are such great friends, and I love that Lauren is almost always looking out for Alison.  The sisterly love is amazing.

And I know she loves Drew too, although she is such a tormentor to him most of the time.


No comments: