Wednesday, February 4, 2009

SNOW DAY!







We finally got a good snowfall (althought Brad thinks this is a puny amount of snow, Michigan boy!), but it is perfect for me! We got about 6 inches I think, and it was very powdery, so much so that we couldn't really make snowballs. But, Lauren actually had a good time out there today. It was so deep, it was almost up to her knees, but she sat down in the snow, then layed down in it, and then rolled in it. I think she was trying to make a snow angel, but she doesn't quite have the co-ordination! We stayed out for about 30 minutes or so, and then she took her minutes off and 2 minutes later she wanted to go inside because her hands were cold. It was hard with the mittens because they are a little too big, and couldn't get her to put her thumb in the thumb part, but it was great to see her having so much fun out there. (And I am glad she got to use her boots and snow pants at least once!!)
Funny story from today...I was cutting some fabric in the kitchen while she was playing in the playroom and I got some little pieces on the floor and she came into the kitchen and she said "Mommy, Oh my goodness!!" It was hysterical!! And she said with a little Southern drawl, it was so funny! She couldn't believe the mess that I made.

No comments: